Azadeh joined the firm as a trainee solicitor in 2012 prior to completing an extensive internship at the firm following experience at other city and medium sized law firms in London.
She has had a significant involvement in handling various challenges brought by Iranian entities and individuals against sanctions imposed by the UK government, the Council of the European Union and OFAC of the US department of the Treasury.
In addition to her experience on Iran related economic sanctions she specialises in dispute resolution and commercial law and regularly advises on general trade restrictions, obtaining of export licences, general policy and trade compliance as well as other international restrictions including restrictions placed on the Democratic Republic of Congo.
In light of her experience and familiarity with Iran and the Middle East, Azadeh also advises clients interested in elaborating opportunities within the Iranian market.
- Council v Bank Mellat - C-176/13 P
- Bank Mellat v Her Majesty’s Treasury – Damages claim in the Commercial Court estimated value of US$4bn
- Petro Pars Iran Co. & Others v Council of European Union - Case T-433/13
- Bank Tejarat v Council of European Union - Case T-176/12
- Bank Mellat v Her Majesty’s Treasury  UKSC 38 & 39
- PEC Ltd v Asia Golden Rice Company Ltd  EWHC 1583 (Comm)
- Bank Mellat v Council - T-496/10
- Dispute Resolution and Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Law
- Economic Sanctions
- Farsi (Persian)
- Law Society Junior Lawyers
- Women Lawyers Division
- University of Law, London
- Queen Mary University of London