Pavani has been the Managing Partner of the firm since 2005 and specializes in complex, high value commercial litigations and arbitrations, as well as International Sanctions matters.
She has extensive experience in energy, commodities, shipping, construction, and commercial cases, and acts for parties from multiple jurisdictions, as well as Fortune 500 companies.
Pavani handles high value commercial cases in the London High Court, Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court of England and Wales, as well as the Courts of the European Union. She has extensive experience in obtaining freezing injunctions as well as obtaining and defending security for costs orders for international clients.
She handles cases under various sets of arbitration rules including ICC, LCIA, DIFC, GAFTA and AAA and has a depth of experience in making applications, arising from Arbitrations, to the English Commercial Court and the Court of Appeal.
Some of the notable cases handled by Pavani are:
Bank Mellat v HM Treasury - International Sanctions - (Supreme Court and EU Court proceedings)https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/18/eu-court-ruling-iranian-bank-mellat-nuclear
Hashwani v Jivraj - Employment/Arbitration (Court of Appeal & Supreme Court proceedings) https://www.theguardian.com/law/2012/oct/03/arbitration-religion-discriminatory-jivraj-v-ashwani
PEC v Asia Golden Rice - Contract - Reported Case (High Court) http://www.mondaq.com/uk/x/213496/Financial+Services/When+Is+An+Extension+Not+An+Extension
Pavani often speaks at various International Arbitration conferences all over the world, and features regularly in international legal publications.
- Finalist of "Women Lawyer of the Year” at the Law Society Excellence Awards, 2017
- The 'Glory of India' Award for Outstanding Performance in the Legal Field, 2011
- ‘Women of the Year’ at the Asian Achievers Award, 2010
- Member of the Indian Bar Council as an advocate of Delhi High Court.
- IMA (Indian Maritime Association),
- LMAA (London Maritime Arbitrators Association) supporting member
- IBA (International Bar Association)
- CIarb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Association)