Clients of Zaiwalla & Co expect that little bit extra: an international lawyer with an understanding of their culture, the British legal system and a desire to win. And they get it. All our lawyers have an international outlook and a fiercely competitive spirit. True to our founder, Mr Zaiwalla, we want to fight on our clients’ behalf and gain truly remarkable results. A well-deserved reputation for taking on difficult cases means we are accustomed to fighting against the odds. This innovative approach to law and a hunger to win benefits our clients enormously.
Not only that, but we are cost-effective. And we are nice people to work with.
Our clients include domestic and international Governments, oil companies, shipping conglomerates, banks, property investors, export and trading companies, steel manufacturers, telecoms providers, broadcasters, media owners and many internationally known prominent individuals.
Media and Broadcasting Companies
- Zee Television
- Kenya Broadcasting Company
- Sterling Media
- Mrs. Sonia Gandhi, Leader of the Congress Party, Ruling Party in India
- President of the Union of India
- The late Ms. Benazir Bhutto – Former Prime Minister of Pakistan.
- Mrs. Maneka Gandhi – India’s Minister for Culture in a libel action against Harper Collins, concerning the biography of Indira
- Gandhi, former Prime Minister of India.
- Mr. Bappi Lahiri, The Indian Film Music Director.
- Amitabh and Ajitabh Bachchan, in a libel case.
- Mr. Narasimha Rao – Prime Minister of India 1992-1997.
- Mr. Saddruddin Hashwani, Owner Hashoo Group
- The Andreas Lemos Family –Greek shipping magnate’s family partnership dispute, with the John Carras family of Greece involving US$100 million.
- Mr. George Louvaris – Chairman of the Greek Olympic Committee, in a case relating to allegations against the former Greek Prime Minister Mr. Papandraou.
- The Family of Edwin Abela – Abela Corporation, a leader in the airline foods industry.
- Mr. Chris Eubank – World Light-Heavy Weight boxing champion.
- Mr. Mohammed Galadari – Owner of the Inter-Continental Hotel, Dubai.
- Mr. Abdula Rostamani of Thomas Cook, Al Rostamani Travel, Dubai.
- Mr. Jayesh Shah – in a £330 million claim against HSBC Bank, UK.
- Obong Victor Bassey Attah , Former Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria
- Lucky Nosakhare Igbinedion, Former Governor of Edo State, Nigeria
- Vincent Tchenquiz
Export Houses and Multinational Companies
- P.E.C Limited (Indian state-owned Export House)
- Nav Bharat International Limited
- Gulf Pacific Holdings Limited, Dubai
- State Trading Corporation of India (Premier Trading House owned by the Government of India)
- Shivnath Rai Harnarain (Recognised Star Trading House by Government of India)
- Steel Authority of India
- ESTRAM –Trading arm of the Egyptian Ministry of Supplies
- Telsol – Egyptian Telecommunications Company
- General Organisation of Supplies, Cairo, Egypt.
- Bank of Baroda
- The Bank of India
- State Bank of India
- Habibsons Bank
- First Bank of Nigeria
- Mount Bank – A Kenyan owned London Bank. Proceedings were brought against the Bank of England before the Banking Tribunal.
- Bank Mellat, Iran
- Bank Tejarat, Iran
- Essar Shipping
- Foresight Shipping
- Shipping Corporation of India
- MATRAM – Chartering wing of the Egyptian Ministry of Shipping
- CAVN Venezeula
- NIOC and IRISL
Construction and Energy
- Chinese State Government Corporations – China National Petroleum Corporation (CNPC)
- China Petroleum Technology and Development Corporation (CPTDC)
- China Petroleum Engineering Construction Corporation (CPECC)
- Indian Oil Corporation – a Fortune 500 company
- Oil and Natural Gas Commission of India
- National Iranian Oil Corporation (NIOC)
- Tamil Nadu Electricity Board (Indian state-owned electricity company)