We regularly handle disputes arising from gas, oil, electricity and other forms of power.
Examples of some recent matters that we have successfully handled:
- Acting for the Bulgarian Overgas Group in a US$105 million arbitration (settled in March 2021) with Russian oil giant Gazprom relating to Gazprom’s decision to stop supplying natural gas to Overgas in January 2016.
- Advising the world’s second largest Oil and gas company Rosneft in overturning the largest ever arbitral award of US$50billion made against it, known as ‘the Yukos award’. Our team were instructed as co-counsel to develop the successful strategy.
- Advising a listed Indian energy company in two SIAC international arbitrations with a value of US$320million arising out of a dispute with lenders following a private equity transaction with international investors to consolidate its shareholding in a company controlling major international assets.
We also have many years’ experience representing clients in disputes relating to construction, both in Court and arbitrations.
Our recent work includes acting for:
- a Rwandan commercial client in an ICC arbitration in Paris, under a FIDIC construction contract based for the construction and development of a 4-star hotel;
- a high-net-worth individual in respect of disputes under the JCT Intermediate Building Contract over a Contractor’s design of two luxury multi-storey properties in Knightsbridge, London;
- a UK property developer in respect of disputes with the main contractor under JCT Design and Build Contracts for the construction of three luxury residential properties in Surrey; and
- a Guernsey-based investor in respect of an adjudication decision under the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996 pertaining to investment properties being constructed in England.